Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter speed bump

Easter has come and gone, and with it was a weekend of laziness! I had a bit of an excuse - the gym was closed on Friday and Monday, as well as it's usual Sunday, so that didn't leave much time for me to hit the treadmill. If I was a bit more confidant with my running I would run outside, but I'm not quite ready for Auckland's crazy hills yet! I did go to the gym on Saturday, but opted for a Body Balance class instead of a run.

I know, I know - that's just a lot of excuses!

The idea of checking out for the weekend was quite nice, but don't think that I'm slipping...not a chance. I was back at the gym early this morning (thanks to a late start at work), and I was itching to get going.

Today I made my second attempt at hill intervals, which I see clearly is going to be my biggest challenge (refer back to my mentioning Aucklands crazy hilliness to see realize how true that really is). Last week when doing hills I was just feeling off, and couldn't get into it at all. I'm happy to say that this attempt was better! It was still a bit of ass kicking, pushing me to my cardio-limit more than any other session, but I managed to pound out 20 minutes. Not too shabby. The running without hills was feeling good, so I finished off with a steady run.

I was thinking that after nearly a week out of my runners that my body would be a bit tender (especially with this being the longest I've run), but I felt amazing this afternoon. I even contemplated heading back for another run this evening...but dinner duty, and not wanting to over do it persuaded me against it.

Stats:
Treadmill - Hill interval 1m:1m 20minutes
Incline - 1.0:7.0
Speed - 7.0km/h
Distance - 2.38km

Steady run 22minutes
Incline - 1.0
Speed - 8.3km/h (pushing myself to 9.0km/h for the last 4 minutes)
Distance - 3.01km

No comments:

Post a Comment