Sunday, July 17, 2011

Another week of trainer done. Hurrah!

This week I tried out a running group near my home, and it was quite the experience. The group runs for about 1 hour, which was fine, but it was a small group of people who have been running together for a few years, so they were all a bit faster than I was. The start of the run was uphill, and going at a rather steady pace. I made it through the run, puff a lot, but I still made it! As soon as I was done I was feeling spent, and the next day my legs were a bit sore - that hasn't happened in a while! I'm going to go back this week, and it should really help up my endurance and strength being pushed that little bit.

My long run this week was a whopping 16km. It was very similar to my long route the other week, with a few little add ons to get those extra kms in there. I must say it went much better than last time. It did take me a few kms to get into it, but once I did, it was a great run. The last few kms I ended up finding a trail, so I went off road - the change in terrain was a bit of a shock to my legs, but it was all good. I'm now only just bit over 5kms off of the half marathon distance - hard to believe!!






5k PB 35:16
10k PB  1:00:10
Next race is in 2 weeks!
42 Days till the half marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment