Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Nearing the finsh line...or should I say starting line

On Saturday I set off for my long run. This one with a few more kms, inching ever closer to the goal of 21kms. This week it was 18kms. From the many books on running that I have read, I know that 18 is the magic number. It's enough kms to get me across the finish line. And since I'm in it to complete, not compete, that's all I need. Looking back a few months when I first got this genius idea, I never thought that's I'd get to this point in July - a full month before race day. I thought my planned August holidays would leave me rushing to fit everything in, and obsessing about it while I'm soaking up the sun in Bali. Boy, am I happy to be ahead of the game. With this progress I have a few more weeks to add an extra km or 2, making race day that much easier.

The long run wasn't too bad, once I got into it. Mind you it took about 7kms to get into it. Not good. But the second half was great - running with ease and a smile on my pace.

I have 2 weeks until I head off on holidays, and so far the plan is this - 15km race on July 31, another long run (18/19kms) during the week before I go, a few runs whilst away, a 12km race on Aug 21 when I'm back, then one week of taper before the big day on Aug 28th!

The big day will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment