Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's now been 2 weeks that I have been taking it easy, allowing my knee to recover, and it's been hell! I miss getting out there, and all I can think about is the progress that I'm not making. Ugh! But it's needed, and I think I may be recovered enough to get back at it.

I went for a decent 5k run yesterday, and did it in good time. my knee didn't really start to bother me till the end - much better than last week when I was only a few minutes into the run and it was already an issue. Hopefully this will be the only set back I have - there is just a little over 2 months till the half marathon, and I'm not as far along as I would like to be. If I get another good run in today I'll be all set to start increasing my mileage. There is still a small hope for competing in the 10k next weekend - but if I have to do the 5k I'll still be happy.

5k PB 35:16
7days till the 10k - Hopefully! 
77 Days till the half marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment