Sunday, June 5, 2011

It was bound to happen eventually. I'm currently being held back by a little injury. Caused by my new runners, my knee is suffering some a little pain. I know it's because of the new shoes, because it only started after purchasing them - up until then I was perfectly fine. So not only does that leave me taking time off the road to recover, it also means I need to get some new runner! Boo!

After giving myself almost a week off after last weeks race, I set out on Friday for a little run. I was itching to hit the streets again, and although it was blowing a gale I ventured out after work looking for some running clarity. The pain had eased off my then, so I was testing the waters. Unfortunately I wasn't far into my run when my knee started sounding out it's objection. What was supposed to be an easy 6k m run turned out to be a 3k run with a lot of walking. Obviously the knee hasn't had enough rest time yet. Not good! My dreams of the 10k on June 19th are slipping away, and at this point I'll be lucky to get another 5k under my belt.

Fingers crossed that my knee starts responding to my TLC!

5k PB 35:16
14 days till the 10k - Hopefully!
84 Days till the half marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment