Sunday, June 19, 2011

Today is the day of my next race - a small little 10k to get the body moving. Thanks to my nigglely knee I haven't done a full 10k run yet, but I'm sure the few extra kms won't kill me! I must say that I am a wee bit more nervous about this one than the 5k, I didn't even sleep that well last night (and I never have trouble sleeping!). Hopefully all that nervous energy will convert into some good adrenaline that will carry me for the 2 laps of the race. The course is much flatter than the 5k, so I shouldn't have any problems. Being a modern day race, they have a facebook page that I'm following, and yesterday the sad news came across that the people who give the free 10min massages won't be able to make it. I was really looking forward to that massage! I guess I'll just have to give myself some tlc at home!

Fingers crossed that I'm reporting back later about a super race where I ran beautifully and had no problems, but seeing as they are calling for rain today, it could be a real wet one and who knows how that will effect my running!

Till after the race!

5k PB 35:16
Today is the 10k!!!
70 Days till the half marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment