Friday, May 13, 2011

Another quick session at the gym. I had less than an hour before having to be home to babysit, so I only did a quick run. I felt like I had way more in me, even though I upped the intensity slightly - always a good sign.

Yesterday I also registered for a series of runs - the first one being on July 31st, my birthday. So no hard partying the night before!! I have yet to register for the run at the end of the month, but I really should do that today.

Really putting effort into this running, I've gotten many booked from the library on running, marathons and motivation. Sadly, most of the books are pretty bland, and not really helpful - they cover the basic of training, plans and nutrition, which I already know, without giving anything to relate to or interesting. Thankfully, the latest book that I got - Kara Goucher's Running for Women, has been exactly what I want. Kara is a professional runner from the States and her book is advice thrown in with her story. She talks about how she started out, problems she's encountered, and what training works for her, as well as some fantastic quotes. This book isn't just a list of things to do, it has heart and makes you feel like you're not alone on your quest for running sucess. I'm not done the book yet, but so far I'm seriously impressed!

Speed Intervals
Distance - 2.94
Time - 20
Incline - 1.0
Speed - slow interval at 6.5, fast intervals started with an 11.0, then 3 sets of 10.0-11.0-12.0


15 Days till 5k
137 Days till the race

No comments:

Post a Comment