Saturday, May 7, 2011

I had Friday off, and best of intentions turned to a trip across the city to do a bit of shopping. By the time I got back my motivation for going to the gym had pretty much evaporated. But I got dressed, but on my runners, and slowly made my way towards the door. And eventually, I made it to the gym - a major accomplishment in itself.

On the agenda for today was hill intervals - my least favourite of all my runs, and not the best thing to do when I'm already lacking in the motivation department. But I persevered! Because my hills are done at a slower pace, I felt the need to do a steady run after, to feel that thrill of the pace. So after 20 mins doing hills, I pushed myself to 15 minutes.

Not bad for a day with no motivation!



Hill intervals 1m:1m
Time - 20 mins
Incline - 1.0:7.0
Speed - 7.3 km/h
Distance - 2.32

Steady run
Time - 15mins
Incline - 1.0
Speed - 9.5 km/h
Distance - 2.28

143 Days till the race

No comments:

Post a Comment