Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I decided to take a little break from the gym for a few days - just to make sure I wasn't over doing it, and making myself vulnerable to injury. My month to month gym membership also ran out on Sat, so taking a few days off wasn't costing me anything.

Today was raining. A lot. Weather I'm told to get used to as Auckland enters winter. So my motivation to get out of the house wasn't all that strong. But I got to the gym and thought it was a good day for another 5km run. It's been a little over a week since my first 5k attempt, and since then I have been feeling like my body could do more and run faster. I'm happy to say that I did improve, shaving almost a minute off of my time. I still took a few brief walking breaks, so there is still room for more improvement. With the 5k race I want to do just over 2 weeks away, I think there is enough time to get my time a little more.

5k Run
Time - 34:32
Incline - 1.0
Speed - 8.5 - 9.5 km/h, with a few 11.0 sprints
 

17 Days till 5k
139 Days till the race

No comments:

Post a Comment