Sunday, May 22, 2011

New Zealand is an expensive place. I've been thinking about getting some new running shoes for a few weeks now, but the hefty price has always made me reconsider. This weekend I went to the Outlet Mall in the south of the city in hopes of getting a bargain. Thankfully there were plenty of bargains to be had, and I had a few different shoe options to choose from.  I ended up getting a sexy pair of Asics that look great. I got home Saturday afternoon looking forward to putting the shoes to the test with a run. I went pretty easy, so not to overwhelm my poor little feet as they got used to their new home. And, thankfully, there were no issues. My feet were loving the new runners! I'm looking forward to really breaking them in at my first ever 5k race next weekend!

Today is Sunday, and as the gym is closed, it usually translates into no running, thanks to Auckland's stunning weather (I'm not a fan of the rain)! But this morning I awoke to blue skies and sunshine streaking through my bedroom window. I quickly hopped out of bed, got kitted up and headed out the door. While still getting used to the added challenges of running outdoors (mainly big ass hills everywhere) I kept it short again today, which was probably a good thing. When I got home my knee started hurt started hurting. I rested for the rest of the day, and I'm happy that it's getting better, but it's not leaving me confidant for the rest of the week. Hopefully another day of TLC will have my knee feeling great again, allowing me to get in 1 or 2 good runs before the race on Sunday. Worst case scenario is that I'm walking mots of the 5k, but I was really hoping to hit my first race with my best foot forward & moving at a reasonable pace. Still a few days to get back on trace, so fingers crossed!


1 week till 5k!!
128 Days till the race

No comments:

Post a Comment