Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Today I met with a trainer to go over my program and make some changes. The trainer that I originally met with, Dawn, is off on holiday, so I met with a new girls. I rather liked Dawn, but I looked forward to new ideas from my nest trainer, Amy.

Thankfully Amy was just what I needed. She listen to my complaints of boredom in my current routine, and she added some new, more challenging exercises. Now, instead spending a lot of time on the mat doing simple exercises, I'm up using weights, and even chest pressing a big bar....hopefully soon I'll be strong enough to put some extra weights on! All in all I'm very happy with my new program, and even some sore muscles to tell me it's working.

My running outside has also increased. Although I still do struggle with hills, I'm sussing out some route close to home that don't have really big hills. Today I even ran to the gym and home again. And while attempting to conquer hills, I also had my first experience with the steps in Browns Bay - they cut up the cliff like hill, and are quite painful! They are short steps, 3 sets of them, with about a 3 metre landing in between. By the time I get to the last one I'm using all my momentum to propel me up. Hopefully they will get easier the more I do them.


4 Days till 5k!!
125 Days till the race

No comments:

Post a Comment